HOW TO MAKE YOUR COMMUNITY MORE SECURE
By being a good neighbour and keeping an eye out for anything
suspicious you can help to make your community more secure.
These are some of the things you should report:
• Strangers knocking on front doors or peering through windows
and then disappearing round the back, or loitering suspiciously.
• Strangers hanging around schools, playing fields etc and
• Open windows in houses where the owners are out or
• Strangers trying car doors.
• Anything that you believe is suspicious.
Details are important – whenever you pass on information,
remember that accurate descriptions of suspicious people and
vehicles will save time and confusion.
This is the information the police may need:
• an exact description of what you have seen
• the time
• the place
• the person(s) involved: approximate age, sex, colour, height,
build, unusual characteristics, clothing worn, and any other
• the vehicles involved: registration number (even part of this
number might help), make and model (if known), colour,
condition and direction of travel.
Interested in becoming a coordinator? Please contact the Chair Terry Wallis